How to connect to Musement
What is a live integration?
A live integration is a direct connection to a sales channel. When a traveler is looking at your products on an online travel agencies' (OTAs') website, such as Musement, Musement will display availability directly from your Bókun account. When a booking is created on their website, the booking information will be sent to your Bókun account, updating the availability of all your connected channels automatically.
How do I get the integration process started?
The first thing to do is to sign up with Musement if you haven't done so yet. ✴️ You need an existing Musement account with published/ active products in order to connect.
- Send a contract proposal to Musement on the Bókun marketplace. Before sending the proposal make sure you have set up contract terms with the commission you would like to offer, as well as selecting the correct products.
- Musement will accept the proposal and contact you with the next steps.
✴️Note: There might be additional steps necessary depending on the OTA.
What happens after the Musement integration is completed?
- When you create a new product in Bókun and you would like to have it sold on Musement, you have to add the product to the contract terms.
- Text description and images that appear on Musement is managed by Musement.
- Prices on Musement are managed by you on Bókun
- Cancellations and amendments by Musement, will appear on Bókun and you will receive an email notification when there is a cancellation or the booking has been amended.
What do you need to keep in mind?
- If you remove products from your contract terms, send an email to Musement and let them know.
- When you send a contract amendment, write in a comment within the terms identifying the changes you have made to the contract terms.
Invoicing and payments
When a product is sold on Musement, this means that Musement also is accepting the payment. You, as the supplier of the product, set up a contract with Musement on how you invoice Musement to get your payment.
You can find more information on Bókun payments here: "How do I get paid".