Avoid OTA disconnection when making changes to your products
If you’d like to make changes or simply add or remove any of the below on Bókun, it is important that you make the same adjustments on any OTA you’re using (Expedia, Viator, GetYourGuide etc.):
- Start Times
- Pricing Categories
- Pick-up settings
- Deleting or Deactivating products
- Adding new products
- Adding or removing product in contract terms
- Booking cut-off time
If any of the above settings don’t match between Bókun and your OTA’s, your availability will not be connected correctly and your products, therefore, won’t be available to book.
Making changes on GYG (GetYourGuide)
Any changes made on Bókun, whether this is adding or removing a setting, have to be remapped using your GetYourGuide self-mapping tool.
Making changes on Expedia
Contact your Expedia Destination manager and provide them with details on what was changed in Bókun. Please remember to include your Bókun ID which can be found in the bottom left corner of your Bókun account. Here are details on how to make changes on your Expedia account: https://support.localexpertpartnercentral.com/
If you do not have a dedicated Destination manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Bókun ID.
Making changes on Viator
We highly recommend you enable the additional options for your Viator connection:
- Auto update from Viator to Bokun. If you make changes to your products on Viator, they will be automatically updated in Bókun. Note: The product information and content on Viator will replace what you have already in Bókun. Learn more.
- Auto deactivates on Bokun when deactivated on Viator. If you deactivate a product on Viator, it will automatically deactivate in Bókun. Learn more.
If your product supports auto-sync start times
Your product start times in Bókun will be automatically updated in Viator when you add or edit them in Bókun. In this case, you must change your start times in Bókun and allow 24 hours to see the changes in your Viator account.
When a product supports start times auto sync, you will be unable to update the start times in your Viator account (the option will be greyed out). To learn more visit Syncing Tour Times with your Reservation System.
✴️ Please note that at the momement this option is not available
If you have Auto update from Viator to Bokun enabled
You must changes the start times in Viator and not in Bókun:
- Open the product in your Viator account
- Navigate to Schedule and prices
- Click on the pencil icon to make adjustments
- The changes will automatically be sent to Bókun
Please note that if you have if you have Auto update from Viator to Bokun enabled, the start times auto sync won't work.
If your product does not suppport auto-sync start times and you do not have Auto Update from Viator to Bókun
You must makes the changes in Bókun and then Viator. Here’s how:
- Update the product in Bókun and make the changes
- Wait for the changed to be reflected in your Viator account
- Go to your Viator account and open the product Viator account
- Navigate to Schedule and prices
- Click on the pencil icon to make adjustments and align with Bókun.
When editing or deleting Rates in Bókun, ensure you also make the changes on Viator. Here’s how:
- Select the product in question in your Viator account
- Navigate to Product connection and click Edit
- Under the Supplier option, you can then select the rate that matches.
Editing Pick up also requires you to match your settings in Viator. Here’s how:
In your Viator account, select the product you’d like to amend.
Next, navigate to Product content and the Meeting & Pickup section to edit your pickup settings.
Select the relevant one to match your setting in Bókun:
- We pick up all travelers (in Bókun: Pick up only)
- We meet all travelers at a meeting poin (in Bókun: Meet on Location)
- We can pick up travelers or meet them at a meeting point (in Bókun: Meet on location or pick-up)
If you're experiencing problems with your Viator availbility after connecting your product, please check this article for furhter information.