How can I connect my Viator & Bókun accounts?
Bókun is both a Tripadvisor and Viator Preferred Partner, providing a strong and reliable connection and allowing you to fully integrate with Viator and Tripadvisor Experiences and manage your bookings and products all in one place.
Here's a quick video to explain how to connect your accounts:
If your account is already connected and you want to connect additional products, check out this article.
Why should you connect your Viator account to Bókun?
It allows you to effectively manage your bookings and products and decrease your booking cancellation rate. For example, if a traveler is looking at your products on Viator, they’ll see your availability and pricing from your Bókun account. Once they’ve booked, the booking information will be sent to your Bókun account, which will update the availability of all your connected channels automatically.
Viator connection checklist
Before you can connect your Viator account with Bókun:
- You have created your products in Viator. You have the option to import your products from Viator into Bókun. Please note that it is only possible to import products into Bókun from Viator, not the other way around.
- Products in Viator must be active to be imported and connected to Bókun
- Your products have to be set to accept bookings instantly
Get your accounts connected
If you haven’t got a Viator account yet, head over to Viator to create an account and add your products. If you already have a Viator account, login to your Bókun account to connect your products:
- Type Viator in the search bar or click Sales tools > OTAs > Viator.
- Click Sell through this channel.
- You’ll then be directed to log in to your Viator account.
- It’ll take a moment for your connection to be established and once successful, you’ll be taken back to your Bókun account and your connection with Viator has been initiated.
- From initiation, your products will be fully connected within 24 hours.
I only want to connect part of my products from my Viator account?
To connect only specific products, please follow these instructions to manage your connection on your Viator account. Alternatively, you can follow the automatic connection process and then disconnect/ the products on Viator that you would like to keep disconnected from Bókun. Here’s how:
- Sign into your Viator account
- Select the product you want to disconnect
- Click on the Product Connection tab
- Click Edit
- Click on the Connect toggle until this appears grey to disconnect.
How to manage your Availability when a product is connected
When a product is connected you must manage the availability in Bokun and this will be automatically sent to Viator. When you get a booking on the Viator website the availability will automatically update in Bókun and all the connected channels.
For example, if a traveller is looking at your products on Viator, they’ll see the availability you have set in your Bókun account. Once they’ve booked, the booking information will be sent to your Bókun account, which will update the availability of all your connected channels automatically (i.e. Wesbites, other OTAs).
How to manage Start times when a product is connected
If your product supports auto-sync start times
Your product start times in Bókun will be automatically updated in Viator when you add or edit them in Bókun. In this case, if you make changes to your start times in Bókun, allow 24 hours to see the changes in your Viator account.
This means that you will be unable to update the start times in your Viator account (the option will be greyed out). To learn more visit Syncing Tour Times with your Reservation System.
If your product does not support auto-sync start times
You must change the start time in Bókun, wait for Bókun to send the update to your Viator account and then manually update it in Viator as well.
If you have Auto update from Viator to Bokun enabled
You must changes the start times in Viator and not in Bókun. Learn more about the Auto update from Viator to Bokun feature.
I don’t have my Viator account login details?
Please follow this link to reclaim your password.
I got an error message when I tried to connect my accounts. What can I do next?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be glad to help.