Changing products in Viator and Bókun from On-request to Instant confirmation
Make all of your products Instant confirmation and skip the hassle of having to confirm each booking
When using Bókun, it is no longer necessary to manually review and confirm each OTA booking. If your confirmation method for your product(s) is On-request on Viator, you can easily change them to Instant confirmation to be instantly bookable today.
What is a confirmation method?
Your confirmation method will determine how you accept bookings for your product(s).
What is Instant confirmation?
This is the preferred method for most products. All bookings will be confirmed automatically, which saves you time and gives travelers a better booking experience. Your products will also get more exposure as Viator can distribute it on all partner channels. Don’t worry, you can still choose whether you want to receive email notifications each time a booking is made.
What is manual confirmation / on request?
All bookings will need to be manually accepted or rejected within 48 hours. Viator Products that are manual confirmation / on-request cannot be connected to your Bókun account.
How to change products in Viator from On-request to Instant confirmation
- Log in to your Viator account
- Open the product you want to edit
- Navigate to the Booking details tab and click Edit
4. Update the confirmation method to Instant Confirmation. And while you're in your Viator account, we recommend looking at your booking cut-off time and reducing to less than 12 hours. Reducing your booking cut-off time could increase your bookings by 16%.
How to change products in Bókun from On-request to Instant confirmation
- Click Products > Experiences overview and choose the product you want to edit from the list
- Navigate to the Availability > Capacity in the editor on the left-hand side
- Choose Limited number and click Continue
Once you've made the change in your OTA account, log into Bókun and update your availability and booking cut-off time accordingly. More information on adding availability.
For an even better traveler experience and even more exposure we recommend you reduce your booking cut-off time to less than 12 hours. More information on booking cut-off.
Once you've updated the availability and cut-off time, you can connect your product between Bókun and Viator by manually mapping it. Learn more here.