The marketplace is a feature within Bókun that allows you to connect with other vendors to resell each other's products.
The marketplace is a feature in Bókun where you can connect with other vendors to resell products. If a contract is made between two vendors, one vendor can access the other vendor's product supply in real time and make bookings. The reseller will make a commission of that sale.
Using the marketplace is a win-win situation for both suppliers and resellers. Suppliers increase their product exposure, which can lead to an increase in sales. Resellers gain access to more supply, which may also lead to more sales.
All vendors can act as both suppliers and sellers in the marketplace. Vendors can get real time access to each other's inventory by making a contract.
1. Click Sales tools on the sidebar, and select Marketplace from the drop-down list.
2. Bókun will display a list of OTA business cards at the top of the page by default and, as you scroll down, you will see all other vendors' business cards. You can filter by country, status or vendor type.
3. Click on the business card of the operator:
- View all the vendor's products by clicking View experiences
- Create a supplier contract proposal by clicking Add as supplier. This takes you to a page where you can send the supplier a contract proposal, proposing that you would like to sell their products for a commission.
- Create a reseller contract proposal by clicking Add as reseller. You’ll be taken to a page where you can send a reseller a contract proposal, proposing that you would like them to sell your products for a commission.
- Start a conversation with the operator by clicking on the Send a message tab
4. Request terms or create a seller contract. Depending on whether you are the seller or supplier you will follow different steps.
- As the seller, you need to request contract terms.
- As a supplier, you need to create a seller contract.
5. After filling out the contract proposal with all the required information, write a message to the vendor and then either select Request terms (if you're the seller) or send proposal (if you're a supplier).
As a seller, you can request contract terms from the supplier by clicking Add as supplier from the business card, and then sending a proposal.
Click on Request terms and send the supplier a message. If the supplier is interested, they will get back to you with a contract outlining the commission percentage and their product offering. After you have received the terms you can agree to the proposal from the supplier or send back a counterproposal.
As a supplier, you provide the seller with your contract terms when inviting them to become your reseller. Before you can send a Marketplace contract, you need to make sure you have your Contract terms in place. We recommend you don't use the OTA contract terms (Viator, Expedia, etc.) for regular Marketplace contracts.
Click Add as reseller on the vendor's business card to send the reseller a proposal. This will open up a new marketplace contract.
There are three tabs on the contract:
- Terms: Here you can specify the basic settings of the contract
- Products: This is where you’ll see the products that are available for contract
- Pricing: From here you can see the products' prices for this contract
Contract terms: Select the terms that you want to use for this marketplace contract. If you do not have existing contract terms you must create them first. We recommend you don't use the OTA contract terms (Viator, Expedia, etc.) for regular Marketplace contracts. Learn more about contract terms.
Booking changes and cancellations
This is where you define whether the supplier and the seller are able to cancel and/or change bookings.
Seller shares the customer contact details with the supplier: Select this if the supplier should be able to see the contact details from the customer.
When you’re ready, select Send proposal.
Use the other two tabs on the contract to review and see which products and prices are available:
- Products offered: A list of products that are available for this contract.
- Price and commission: The prices that are valid for this contract.
Resellers are responsible for accepting payments on behalf of suppliers for any products resold from the Bókun Marketplace. Suppliers then must invoice their resellers directly. If you have resellers, you can use the Marketplace invoice report to see who you need to invoice.
Please note that the reseller invoices are created outside Bókun and funds are transferred outside Bókun.
Once a contract has been proposed, the other Vendor will receive a notification via email, and they will be encouraged to respond to your proposal.
They can respond to the proposal in three ways:
- Contract proposal is accepted and is immediately active.
- Contract proposal is amended and needs to be reviewed by you.
- Contract proposal is declined.
When both parties have accepted the agreement, you have access to the other party's products.
It is important to make a distinction between the conventional Marketplace contracts and the integrations to online travel agencies (OTA) sellers Bókun offers. If you would like to connect your Bókun account to the following sellers, you would not use the marketplace. Click each seller's name below to find further information on how to integrate with them.