You can have your online booking engines in 34 languages! This article shows you step-by-step how to achieve that.
To accept bookings on your website, you must embed an online booking engine widget.
Step 1 - Select your booking channel
A booking channel is an online sales channel that tracks where your online bookings are coming from. Usually, it will be your company's website. If you have your website in multiple languages, you need to create a separate booking channel for each language. Learn more about Booking Channels.
Click Sales tools > Booking widgets and select the booking channel where you'd like to change the language, on the top right side of the screen.
Step 2 - Choose the language for your booking channel
In the booking channel editor, go to Default language step in the left-hand side menu, choose the language you'd like for your online booking engines from the drop-down and click Continue.
Note: To be able to select the language you must have products translated in that language. Learn more about how to translate content in Bókun.
Step 3 - Preview your online booking engine
To accept bookings on your website, you must embed a booking engine widget. To add a booking engine to your website, you generate an embed code which you then paste onto your website. Learn more about how to embed an online booking engine.
To generate the code and see the preview:
- Click Sales tools > Booking widgets
- Choose the booking channel from the drop-down in the top right corner
- Click on the Button widget on the left-hand side
- Click Create widget
- Click on the Book now button in the center of the page
- Choose the language you'd like to preview from the drop-down in the top-right corner. This is how your online booking engine will look on your website.