How do I add a payment provider to accept online payments?
This article explains how to integrate your payment provider with Bókun to accept online payments on your website.
To be able to use a payment provider to process payments for your bookings you must:
- Have a contract with a payment provider supported by Bókun.
- Configure the payment provider in Bókun
- Add it to the booking channel you use to take bookings.
What is a payment provider?
A payment provider is an e-commerce application service provider that authorizes credit card payments for a business. It processes the traveler’s payment card on your website and manages the payment transaction.
What are the payment providers available in Bókun?
Bókun support multiple payment providers. You can access a full list and further information here: Payment providers
To find the list of available payment providers, navigate to Settings > Sales tools > Payment Providers or type Payment Providers in the search bar at the top of the side navigation menu.
You can see the most popular providers in the main page sorted by your location and just below it you have a dropdown list of additional providers. If a Payment Provider has more than one option (i.e. a payment gateway, Payment Page, Token) this is visible across different tabs.
When you select the payment provider, a new page opens, and you will be prompted to add information in order to make the integration. The title field will automatically populate a name for the Payment Provider but you can still change the name if you'd like to.
Step by step guides to set up a payment provider in Bókun
Here is a list of step by step guides for the below payment providers:
- Saltpay: How to setup SaltPay payment Page
- Braintree: How to set up Braintree
- Dalpay: How to add Dalpay payment page
- DIBS by nets: How to set up DIBS by nets
- Rapyd: How to set up Rapyd Token
- PayPal: How to set up PayPal Token or How to set up Payment page
- Paytrail: How to set up Paytrail
- Plexo: How to setup Plexo
- Plug'n Pay: How to setup Plug'n Pay
- Stripe: How to setup Stripe
- Trust My Travel: How to set up Trust my Travel
- Valitor: How to set up Valitor payment Page or How to set up Valitor payment Gateway
- WorldPay: How to add Worldpay payment page
Adding a payment provider to your booking channel
You need to add the payment provider to your booking channel. A booking channel is an online sales channel that tracks where your online bookings are coming from. Usually, it will be your company's website. You can also connect your payment provider to the payment link booking channel to take online payments for manual bookings. Here is how
You can sign up for more than one payment provider, that's why you need to select the correct one. You can for example use one payment provider for your European travelers, and another one for your US travelers.
1. Navigate to Settings > Booking Channels or enter Booking channels in the search bar at the top of the menu.
2. Select the booking channel you want to add the payment provider to.
3. Click Pricing and Payments in the left-hand side menu. Select your payment provider for this booking channel from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
Now you are set and ready to accept payments for your bookings.
The last step: Test your payment process
After you add a booking engine to your website, it's a good rule to create a booking and pay for it. This is to test both the booking process and to double-check that your payment option is functioning as it should. Learn more about how you can add a booking engine to your website and test the whole booking process.