Segments in the sales feed
Bókun sales segment colours
Bookings in the sales Feed are colour-coded by sales segment to show where they originate from:
- Orange - Direct offline bookings (e.g. phone bookings that you logged in Bókun)
- Yellow - Agent bookings
- Green - Direct Online bookings (from your website)
- Blue - Marketplace bookings
- Purple - OTA bookings (such as Viator, Expedia, GetYourGuide)
Bókun sales segment flags
Bookings in the sales feed are also tagged with a booking segment flag to show where the booking is coming from.
Bókun has the following sales segment flags:
- Marketplace (PRO)
- Direct Online (PRO)
- Direct Online via Referral tracking (PRO)
- Direct Offline via Referral tracking (PRO)
- Direct Offline
- Other OTAs (PRO)
- Agents (PRO)
It is important to realize that each booking can be in one segment for the seller (Direct online), and another segment for the supplier (Marketplace).
Bókun has two reports that give you an overview of Sales Segments:
- Sales Overview Report
- Experience Sales Report (only for Experiences)
Bookings sales segment flags in details
This sales segment includes bookings made on the marketplace. That is, all bookings made by sellers for your products. Online bookings created by your sellers will be a part of this segment.
Direct Online (PRO)
This segment includes bookings made through your Widgets (booking engines).
Your seller's widgets do not add bookings to this segment, since they are considered to be marketplace bookings.
Direct Online via Referral tracking (PRO)
This segment includes bookings made through your Widgets with referral tracking tag. This can be done with two different methods:
- Using tracking code to measure referral tracking
- Using Booking widgets that tag all sales with referral tracking
- Using Booking Channels to tag all sales coming through the channel with referral tracking
This segment includes bookings that are created manually in Bokun, either with these tools found in the bookings' menu:
- New Booking
- Booking desk
- Accommodation front desk.
Direct Offline via Referral tracking
This segment includes bookings that are created manually in Bokun and are assigned to referral tracking.
This segment includes bookings that are created by OTA (Online Travel Agencies) and sent to your Bokun account through Bokun's integrations with OTA's.
Click here to see an overview of Bokun's Integrations with OTA's.
This segment includes all bookings that have an Agent assigned. This includes both:
- Bookings manually created by your users on the Bokun platform and assigned to an Agent you have created on your account.
- Bookings manually created by your agent's users on the Bokun Booking Area.